Monday night was a rough night at the Dunn household. Little Levi woke up at midnight crying. Upon my initial assessment and questioning I couldn't find out what was wrong and so thought he had just woken up with a nightmare and needed to fall back asleep. So I headed back for bed, but the crying continued. I went back in and heard "mommy pee pee toilet" and then "mommy, ea- mommy, ea-" and when I took him to the bathroom where of course we have the street lights shining in and he's sitting on the toilet he started pointing to his ear saying "mommy, ea-" So I decided it must be his ear that hurt. When I asked him does your ear hurt he said "mommy, kiss, ea-" Well if that didn't tell us his ear hurt I don't know what would. He slept restlessly the rest of the night in our bed. I took him to the earliest appointment and sure enough his one ear drum had perforated and the other one was filling up and looking infected too. So we'll start some antibiotics for the next 10 days. Our poor little man. Well and while there we decided might as well get the flu mist and pneumonia vaccine oh and they decided they could give me my flu shot too. Needless to say, Levi was not impressed that we both got a Snoopy bandaid, but we managed. In the less than 10 minutes it took to leave the peds office and go get our prescription the little man had fallen asleep in my arms. Such a rough spell. I will say however, I did enjoy the snuggling time it bought me :c)
But it just goes to show "a mommy or daddy kiss can heal any pain".
No comments:
Post a Comment