Wednesday, September 8, 2010

August 15th...The Cotswolds

So we made it to Gloucester and then headed off to see various other places in the Cotswolds, but not before a good old English breakfast. The breakfasts are amazing and The Apple Tree treated us right :c)  They open at 9am. but of course were shocked to see people actually there to eat breakfast. So they basically just brought out breakfast for all of us in a buffet sort of style and if we had needed more we could have asked for it, but we had our fill of eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, tomotoes, beans, mushrooms, tea, coffee, etc. They really know how to make breakfast a meal here. :c) We loved it. Oh and for Bebe and Grandpa they had horses next to the restaurant and of course Levi was trying to give them apples :c)


They have so many amazingly beautiful churches here and this was one that we went in to. It's amazing to see history that dates back to 1000AD in the walls. I also didn't realize that centuries ago, many people were buried within the church and so you'll see stones with the engravings (like a tombstone) on the floor and walls.


The children in front of the sheep statue....I think they're known for Wool in this particular area.


Having fun on some ancient Roman Wall....just have to love it.


Everyone except Greg in the photo :c)


I just love how children can make anything look as though it's the most fun ever....namely a rock.






Driving along we encountered a steam roller.....driving oh so slowly.


Of course, we had to turn around at some point and therefore got stuck behind him. This next photo I think we just took of the steam roller, but now looking back at it....I just had to laugh. Please note the Hover Round next to the steam roller. I bet the Hover round is winning this race.



Yes, these are two way streets....oh so narrow. :c)

No comments:

Post a Comment