Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Someone's turning 2.


We can't believe the time has come....Levi is two. Wow, how it has flown, especially the last year.
 We have loved every moment with him and can't wait to see what the next years of his life hold. Our sweet little boy is growing up. We were blessed because although we were away from friends and family in the states and so on, we had a new family over here to celebrate with. So here's a few photos from the day.

The day before Levi helped me make the cake.


I will say I learned a few things. First off, natural red food coloring has the most awful taste in the world and will never be used again in the Dunn kitchen. They use carmine which is some sort of insect or insect part. (They don't use preservatives in foods here, which is great because they're not filled with chemicals; however, the downside on the red food coloring was the taste. Everything else that we've had has been delicious though, so we'll just say it's that red food coloring). So Levi's "train cake" was reduced to a smaller train cake on a delicious Dunn family cake.


Levi got his own little circular cake (I made the same amount of cake, only to remember that we had bought a smaller pan because our pan from the US didn't fit into the oven over here. So Levi got his own little cake...which I'm sure he wasn't too upset about).


 Opening up presents....it's amazing the difference even between Christmas and his birthday. He really knows what to do with presents now, and of course knows what they are. I love going to the post office with him because I'll say "Let's see if we have any packages" and he gets so excited to go and look. 





I love this photo because Levi just loves Jo and here he is showing her all the cool trains and other stuff that he could get for Christmas :c) It's basically the pamphlet they stick in the toy boxes so parents can see what other things they can buy. Levi likes to look at these and show us what we should get for him.


We had such a great day and thanks to everyone who sent a little something or words of love to Levi for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment