This morning I hear from the bathroom, "Mommy toilet paper" I think...hmmm I guess he needs to go to the bathroom. Wrong. I walk in and Levi is standing over the toilet with half the toilet roll unraveled and pulled into little pieces (for wiping, no doubt) sitting in the toilet bowl. All I could think was "thank you for making British toilets almost impossible to flush for toddlers." It really is a skill to flush a toilet here...but that's a different story. After removing most of the toilet paper I thought, "man that would have been a funny photo." But alas you're stuck with a mental image of what occurred at the Dunn household this morning.
Other than that we had a "mini" vacation....we like to call them mini vacations as they're day or two day trips that we take somewhere. Well we went to Alton Towers Water Park and stayed at their hotel. It was a lot of fun. Levi has become a lot braver with the water and they had a boat that he could float on which he enjoyed. Of course, another lesson was learned. The lesson that humans were not made to breathe under water. Levi started walking towards the deeper side of the pool and the water just kept going up and he just kept walking...a few seconds later he inhaled a nice amount of water and was sputtering it out as he was picked up out of the water. We then explained he can't just keep walking into the water. It took him a few minutes of being gripped like a small monkey to its mother before he decided he would release me from his hold and put his feet back into the water. So we had fun for 2 days at the water park and then headed home. Sadly there are no pictures of this outing because you can't take photos in the water park...I'm sure it has something to do with them wanting to have you pay for the photos they take of you going down the slide, as well as, protecting peoples privacy.
Yesterday we went to Norwich where they have built a mall into the grounds of a castle. I can't really explain it well, but it's pretty impressive how they have the castle somewhat underground and then the castle just sitting there next to it. They also have a little market where Greg picked up some spices, mussels, etc to make for dinner. Oh, and the best fudge ever...it was clotted cream fudge. Yes, it may sound a little odd and will probably clot an artery, but it's the price you pay for something delicious :c) Levi ate about half the bag....need we say more.
No comments:
Post a Comment