Friday, November 19, 2010

Ducks are dangerous

Yesterday we went to the Abbey Gardens (if you've been following the blog you may recall some pictures and commentary on it when we first arrived). Well, we were meeting playgroup there, but I had mentioned to Levi that he could feed the ducks and of course it took about 5 seconds of being in the gardens and he was saying "feed ducks bread, please." I let him out of the stroller and there were about 5 ducks. The first duck he forgot to throw the bread and so it grabbed it out of his hand. Well a few pieces of thrown bread later and he was just standing there empty handed watching the ducks and birds swarm towards us....it is a bit of a frightful experience to all of a sudden feel like a targeted object. Next thing I know I see this duck and he walks up to Levi and bites his finger...I'm sure assuming there was bread in his hand. We quickly moved on as Levi started to cry for a few moments...partially from the shock I'm sure...and went to feed the ducks in the water a safe distance away. :c) I didn't really say anything about it to him, just made sure he was okay. Then, on our drive back home a few hours later I hear "duck bite finger (followed by the sound he makes for eating food)" Needless to say, I snickered quietly and then when Greg came home told him to tell daddy about his finger. So, now for the past 24 hours if you ask him to tell anyone about his finger he'll tell them that the duck bit it. Too funny.

I think slowly he's being tested by the wildlife here...bee sting on the tongue, duck biting the finger. What's next?

1 comment:

  1. I remember a duck biting my finger when I was a kid. We were at a cute park with a pond. I was quite scared of ducks for a while after that. I still only throw bread...no eating out of my hand. Just in case. :)

    ReplyDelete