Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bury St Edmunds

We went to Bury St. Edmunds on Saturday to get out of the house and of course, like most towns they have a Saturday market. We went with two dear friends, Pastor Tom and Erlene...Levi just adores them and so do we. On our way up the street we came across the Bury St. Edmunds bagpipers which was fun to watch and listen to. Levi enjoyed it and enjoyed putting money in the can, I'm assuming they were collecting money for a charity. This week he's been reminding me that he gave money to the man :c)  It's things like stumbling on a group of bagpipers that remind us of how unique our opportunity here is.


Pastor Tom and Levi


We also tried a restaurant that we hadn't been to and had some delicious Mexican food...it's more of a Spanish influence I think, but delicious none the less.

This picture is from the auction we went to on Friday. They apparently have these all over England. You basically go before the auction to scout things out and see if there's anything you like. You can put a price that you're willing to bid to and then someone else will bid in your absence. If you really want something you should probably show up on the actual auction day as well. It was fun to see the stuff....no we didn't bid on anything. :c) But I thought I would post this picture of Levi because the background makes me think of what I think England looked like before we got here...please note the fog and somewhat freezing look on Levi's face :c)


We had a great weekend and are looking forward to Thanksgiving and fellowship with friends. It will hopefully be an eventful weekend, to be followed with photos on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment